AIP Banana Muffin Thins
A bunch of you have requested we make dessert recipes that fit within the guidelines of the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP diet). We created these banana carob muffin thins for you!! .
Muffin Thin Ingredients
- 1 banana mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Carob Butter Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup melted roasted unsweetened coconut butter can use plain coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
For the Muffin Thins
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix together all ingredients and scoop 2 tablespoons worth of batter into a muffin tin lined with muffin cup liners.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool, while cooling make the topping.
For the Carob Butter Topping
- Mix together coconut butter and carob in small bowl until all lumps are gone.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of topping over each muffin thin.
- Let set in freezer for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Best results if stored in freezer!
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 6mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.