Banana Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Smack dab between two thick, round slices of cake drizzled with melted Cashew Milk Chocolate lies a very creamy banana pudding mousse, sliced bananas, and more melted chocolate. All of that is just bursting at the seams in this super-indulgent, gluten-free dessert sandwich!
Servings: 24 half-sandwiches
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non dairy milk
Banana Pudding Mousse Ingredients:
- 1 can coconut milk just the solids, save liquid for another recipe
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ mashed banana
- 1 container Coco Whip
- Cashew Milk chocolate melted
- Banana slices
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat each in well before adding the next egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate between mixing in half of the milk and half of the flour mixture into the coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla until all of the milk and flour mixture is mixed in. You should get a batter by this point.
- Using a standard size ice cream scoop, portion out the batter onto a parchment lined baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack before letting them cool completely.
For the Banana Pudding Mousse:
- Let coconut milk and maple syrup come to a light boil on medium heat.
- While it’s in the process of heating, in a separate small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and arrowroot powder.
- Take out about ½ cup of the boiling milk mixture, and quickly whisk that into the egg mixture. This helps keep the eggs from scrambling when added to the hot milk mixture.
- While constantly whisking the rest of the hot milk in the pot, add the egg/hot milk mixture.
- Let come back up to a boil again while whisking non-stop. You should see it starting to thicken up.
- After about 1 minute of a light boil, turn off heat.
- Transfer to bowl and mix in the mashed banana.
- Set pudding in fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Then gently fold thawed Coco Whip in until a uniform mousse forms. Put the mousse back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1/2 sandwich
Servings Per Container 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories 233 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 39mg 13%
Sodium 115mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 35g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.