This "corn dog" contains no corn whatsoever. It might possibly just be the most unique dessert around!
Servings: 4 banana dogs
Banana Bread Batter Ingredients
- 1 ripe banana mashed with back of fork
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ½ cup almond flour
"Banana Dog" Ingredients
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ bar melted dark chocolate optional
For the Banana Bread Batter
- Mix all banana bread batter ingredients together in a shallow bowl until a smooth batter is formed. It should have a consistency similar to pancake batter.
For the "Banana Dogs"
- Peel and then cut each banana in half. Stick a popsicle stick into each half (resembling a corn dog on a stick).
- Roll each banana in the coconut flour. Shake and brush off all excess flour.
- Roll in banana batter, making sure to coat the whole thing.
- Roll around again in almond flour, being extra careful so the batter doesn’t drip off.
- Place immediately in an air fryer.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then check to see if the "banana dogs" are a deep, golden brown color. Once they are, cook for another 3-5 minutes until you reach desired crispiness.
- Once it is browned, turn off air fryer and let them sit for 5 minutes before pulling off the air fryer basket.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 banana dog
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 47mg 16%
Sodium 161mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 36g 12%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 6g 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.