Chestnut Cherry Cashew Chocolate Cookies
This recipe was invented and given to us by our Instagram friend @feedyoursister
Servings: 15 cookies
- 1 cup nut butter We used Trader Joe's Mixed Nut Butter
- ¼ cup gluten free oats
- ¾ cup chestnut flour or sub 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground vanilla bean powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs or if vegan use 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax & 6 tbsp water)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dried cherries chopped
- 1 Evolved Chocolate Cashew Milk Chocolate bar cut into small chunks
- Jacobsen's Flake Sea Salt for sprinkling on top of cookies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Prepare flax egg, if using, in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients, except cherries and Cashew Milk Chocolate, in a large bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Fold in chopped cherries and Cashew Milk Chocolate bar.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scooper, make 15 even mounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle flaked sea salt on top of cookies if desired.
- Let cool completely on baking tray. Enjoy!
Cookies can be frozen in an air tight container for a few weeks. Place on the counter to thaw before eating. If you try this recipe sure to hashtag #feedyoursister
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 5g 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.