Chocolate Eggnog Cake Cups
The only thing that would make these better is just a touch of rum 😉
Servings: 8 cups
Chocolate Mug Cake:
- 2 tablespoons melted primal chocolate (your favorite flavor)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can full fat coconut milk best if refrigerated overnight, or at least a few hours!
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup dairy free eggnog we used the SoDelicious brand(exclude to keep paleo)
Chocolate Cup Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate melted
For the Chocolate Mug Cake:
- In a microwave safe mug, mix together chocolate, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix with small rubber spatula until all lumps are gone.
- Scrape down sides of cup, pushing all loose batter that may have gotten stuck to the side to the bottom.
- Microwave on normal setting for one minute.
For the Filling:
- Scoop the coconut milk solids from top of can and discard the liquid.
- Whisk together with rest of ingredients and set back in fridge until later use.
For the Chocolate Cup:
- Take a wax lined cupcake liner OR silicone cupcake liner(this one works best and can be reused!) and spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into bottom.Swirl around, covering the entire cavity of the cupcake liner. Turn cup over and shake out any excess chocolate that might “pool” on the bottom. Turn right side up again, and place on a flat surface and transfer to fridge to set up.
- Flip cup upside down, releasing the cake from the mug.
- Cut cake in half lengthwise(as if you were cutting a hamburger bun open)
- Cut both circles in quarters.
- Press each quarter firmly in the bottom of a prepared chocolate cup, then pour 2 teaspoons of eggnog over each piece of cake, followed by 1 tbsp of the prepared coconut milk filling, about ½ inch thick.
- Finish each cup with another spoonful of chocolate, spreading it carefully to the sides of the cup to “seal” it.
- Let set up in fridge for at least 15 minutes before enjoying!
Level: Medium Makes: 8 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 20mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.