Chocolate Eggnog Cake Cups
The only thing that would make these better is just a touch of rum 😉
Servings: 8 cups
Chocolate Mug Cake Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Evolved dark chocolate melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can full fat coconut milk best if refrigerated overnight, or at least a few hours!
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup dairy-free eggnog we used the SoDelicious brand
Chocolate Cup Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups Evolved dark chocolate melted
For the Chocolate Mug Cake
- In a microwave-safe mug, mix together chocolate, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the rest of the mug cake ingredients and mix with a small rubber spatula until all lumps are gone.
- Scrape down sides of the cup, pushing all loose batter that may have gotten stuck to the side to the bottom.
- Microwave on normal setting for one minute.
For the Filling
- Scoop the coconut milk solids from top of can, and discard the liquid or use for another recipe.
- Whisk the solids together with the rest of the filling ingredients and set back in the fridge until later use.
For the Chocolate Cups
- Take a wax-lined cupcake liner OR silicone cupcake liner(this one works best and can be reused!) and spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate that might “pool” on the bottom.
- Turn the liners right side up again, and place on a flat surface and transfer to the fridge to set up.
- Flip mug upside down, releasing the cake.
- Cut cake in half vertically.
- Cut each half into 4 equal pieces (semi-circles).
- Press each piece firmly in the bottom of a prepared chocolate cup.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of eggnog over each piece of cake, followed by 1 tbsp of the prepared coconut milk filling, about ½" thick.
- Finish each cup with another spoonful of chocolate, spreading it carefully to the sides of the cup to “seal” it.
- Let set up in fridge for at least 15 minutes before enjoying!
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 cup
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 23mg 8%
Sodium 77mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.