Chocolate Hazelnut Stuffed Cookies
The picture speaks for itself and they might leave you speechless.
Servings: 12 cookies
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Ingredients
- ¼ cup hazelnut butter
- 2 tablespoons Evolved 72% dark chocolate melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Cocoa Cookie Ingredients
- 1 stick soft butter or sub ghee
- ½ cup maple sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cold brew concentrate optional
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
For the Hazelnut Spread
- To make the spread, puree all the ingredients together until a uniform and smooth nut butter forms.
- Set in the fridge until firm to the touch.
- Scoop out quarter-sized balls and set in the freezer.
For the Cocoa Cookies
- While waiting for balls to set, start making the cookie dough.
- Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Beat together butter and maple sugar until fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add egg, vanilla, and cold brew concentrate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredient mixture into the butter mixture.
- Scoop out 1 ½" balls of dough and push the frozen hazelnut butter balls into the center, wrapping them completely in the cookie dough. Repeat this for all cookies and stick in the freezer again to firm up.
- Once firm, bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before eating and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 22mg 7%
Sodium 96mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.