Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
Shhh…I’m contractually obligated by the bakers here at Evolved not allowed to tell you what exactly the “surprise” in these cookies is. You’re going to have to just make them yourself or if you’re the type of person who likes to spoil TV shows for your friends, you could just look at the pics below or read the recipe.
Servings: 10 cookies
Double Chocolate Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
Peanut Butter Topping Ingredients
- ⅓ cup peanut butter can sub for any creamy nut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted dark chocolate
For the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350'F.
- Using a whisk, mix together cashew butter and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and continue beating until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and coconut flour.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until a thick dough is formed.
- Add chocolate chunks and mix again.
- Scoop the dough out onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- While cooling, start making the peanut butter topping.
For the Peanut Butter Topping
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and maple syrup until it forms a thick dough.
- Using your thumb, press an indent into the center of each cookie.
- Spoon about a tbsp of the peanut butter filling into the indent you made and pour some melted chocolate over that.
- Let set in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 10 cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 190mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 10g 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.