Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars w/ Graham Cracker Crust
They're so good you'd think it's magic✨
Servings: 15 bars
Graham Cracker Ingredients
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg* for non-vegan version, replace with egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cassava flour
Graham Cracker Crust
- 7 graham crackers(about 3/4 cups) recipe is below
- ¼ of a medium sized banana save the rest for next step
- ¾ of a medium-sized banana
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
For the Graham Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Beat together cashew butter and coconut sugar in a stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand mixer with beaters.
- Once fluffy and light in color, stop mixing. Scrape down sides and add the flax egg.
- Beat again until the flax egg is combined. Then add the rest of the dry Graham cracker ingredients.
- Once a thick dough ball is formed, scoop onto a large piece of parchment paper and press into a rectangle shape.
- Place another large piece of parchment paper over that, and using a rolling pin, roll into a thin rectangular sheet (about 10”x 7”), about ¼” thick. If you notice the dough is too sticky, sprinkle some extra cassava flour where you feel is needed.
- Cut into a grid pattern, 3 lines across horizontally and 5 lines vertically, making 15 squares. Using a fork, poke holes into the tops of each square.
- Transfer squares to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Then pull from oven and let cool completely.
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- In a small food processor, grind up graham crackers until they're fine crumbs.
- Add the 1/4 of a banana and keep grinding until the mixture starts holding together and the banana is fully incorporated (the consistency should be similar to wet sand). If it seems too wet and sticky, add another graham cracker and blend again until it is at the right consistency. If its too dry, add a sliver of a banana and blend again.
- Press mixture into a parchment-lined, oven-safe pan (6”x 6” works best), packed down firmly with the back of measuring cup.
- Set aside while prepping filling.
For the Filling
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a small food processor, blend together the remaining part of the banana and milk until completely smooth.
- Pour in a separate bowl and add the rest of the filling ingredients until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture over prepared graham cracker crust and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for at least one hour before serving. It will firm up as it cools, be patient. Enjoy!
*1 tbsp ground flax seed meal mixed with 3 tbsp water. Let soak for 5 minutes before using. Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 bar
Servings Per Container 15
Amount Per Serving
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 103mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.