Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache
You don’t need any sort of flour to make this firm chocolate cake that has an unexpected ingredient in the creamy ganache- rosemary!
For the Cake:
- 1 cup chocolate chopped
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped chocolate
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil together in a small bowl.
- Melt in the microwave for 30-second intervals until the chocolate has melted.
- Put the melted chocolate mixture into a medium sized bowl. Add in the coconut sugar, salt, vanilla extract and espresso powder.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the three eggs in. Beat the eggs lightly and mix until well combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder and mix until it’s just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9″ greased pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once done baking, let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then flip out onto a baking sheet. Let cool completely.
For the Rosemary Ganache:
- While the cake is cooling, place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- Put the milk and rosemary sprig in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a light simmer.
- Remove the rosemary and then pour the heated milk over the chopped chocolate.
- Let sit for one minute and then mix until you have a shiny ganache.
- Pour the ganache over the entire cake, making sure all sides get covered with ganache.
- Let set up and then enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 18g 90%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 41mg 14%
Sodium 80mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 33g 11%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 5g 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.