French Toast Muffins
These muffins had their humble beginnings when they were once part of a bread loaf. The fact these muffins are made from actual baked bread really brings the authenticity of the French toast bit to a whole new level!
Servings: 6 Muffins
Keto Bread Loaf *Makes one 5” Loaf*
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs for vegan option, could use 2 chia eggs or 3 flax eggs
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter could use vegan butter, any nut butter or coconut butter
- Pinch kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 keto bread loaf cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs for vegan option can use 3 flax eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk could also use almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar could also use stevia or ½ tsp granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Keto Bread Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350’F and grease a 5” loaf pan with melted coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted unsalted butter.
- Add the coconut flour, then whisk well. Next, add the salt, baking powder and xanthan gum. Whisk well.
- Pour into prepared 5” loaf pan and bake at 350’F for 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
For the Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line a muffin or cupcake tin. With coconut non stick spray, spritz each liner.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, coconut milk and cinnamon. Add to cut bread pieces and toss together.
- Spoon wet mixture into each muffin liner filling generously and sprinkle some cinnamon on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Serving Size 1 Muffin
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 155mg 52%
Sodium 121mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 6g 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.