Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin French Toast
Is the smell of French toast not enough to get you up in the morning? How about topping it with some melted Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter Cups? 🤤
Servings: 10 slices
- 10½-inch cast-iron skillet
- Coconut cooking spray to coat the cast iron skillet
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream We used Let’s Do Organic Heavy Cream
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 loaf Gluten-Free Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Honey White Bread cut into 1” pieces
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 melted Evolved Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter Cups for drizzle
- ½ cup warm maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Coat your 10 ½-inch cast iron skillet with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, salt, and vanilla.
- Place the bread pieces in the skillet and pour the egg mixture evenly, making sure each piece of bread is coated.
- Add the chopped pecans throughout the bread mixture.
- Place the skillet in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours so the bread thoroughly absorbs the egg mixture.
- Take out of the refrigerator and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the center of the French toast is set and the top is golden.
- Carefully take out of the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle the top of the French toast with melted Evolved Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter Cups, add maple syrup and enjoy!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Medium EVOLVED PRODUCTS USED: Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter Cups SUBSTITUTIONS: You can use any dairy-free milk, gluten-free bread, or vanilla. You can sub pumpkin spice for ground cinnamon.
Serving Size 1 Slice
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 117mg 39%
Sodium 405mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 51g 17%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 7g 14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.