Gluten-Free Copycat “Funny Bones”
There is nothing funny about how tasty these are! Moist and rich chocolate cake with a creamy peanut butter filling, can it get better!? Oh yes it can, because it's covered in dark chocolate! These will not disappoint!
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 6 ounces cassava flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter we used @spreadlove
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate
For the Cake:
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients and slowly whisk them into the dry bowl of ingredients
- Pour batter into 8x4 loaf pan and bake at 350℉ for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cooling, make filling.
For the Filling:
- Mix together the cashew butter and maple syrup with a rubber spatula until it starts to thicken. Fill a piping bag with peanut butter filling(if you don’t have a piping bag, use a ziplock bag and snip a small corner off)
- Once the cake has cooled, slice into 6 equal pieces, so each one is about 1½” thick and 4” long.
- Poke 3 holes in the bottom and fill them with the peanut butter filling.
- Dip each filled piece of cake in chocolate, shake off excess, let dry on parchment paper.
- Let set up in fridge and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg 5%
Sodium 210mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 41g 14%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 7g 14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.