Gluten Free Grasshopper Parfait
Don’t trash your empty jar of Roasted Coconut Butter- it’s the perfect vessel for this take on a vintage no-bake pie we made paleo that pairs homemade chocolate cupcakes and chocolate pudding with gluten-free mint chocolate crumbs for a refreshing, minty treat anytime of year!
Servings: 6 8 ounce cups
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup warm water
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 10 Goodie Girl Mint cookies or our Girl Scout Thin Mint copycat crushed
- 1 empty jar Evolved Roasted Coconut Butter
- 1 container Coco Whip
- 2-3 drops natural green food color
- ⅛ teaspoon mint extract
For the Chocolate Cupcake
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until combined. Divide evenly in muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
For the Chocolate Pudding
- Let coconut milk and maple syrup come to a light boil on medium heat.
- While it’s heating, whisk together egg yolk and arrowroot powder in a separate small bowl.
- Take out about ½ cup of the boiling milk, and quickly whisk that in into the egg mixture.(This helps keep the eggs from scrambling when added to the hot mixture.)
- While constantly whisking the hot milk in the pot, add the egg/hot milk mixture.
- Let come back up to a boil again while whisking non-stop. You’ll now see it starting to thicken up.
- After about 1 minute of a light boil, turn off heat. Add salt, vanilla, and cocoa powder.
- Transfer to bowl. Set in fridge to cool.
- In an empty Evolved Roasted Coconut Butter jar, alternate layers of cupcake, pudding, and crushed cookies until you reach the top of the jar. Enjoy!
Serving Size 8 oz. cup
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 17g 85%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 62mg 21%
Sodium 280mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 47g 16%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.