Hearty Paleo/Vegan Vegetable Soup
Who needs beans or meat when you can have a bowl of tomato soup with 10 flavorful kinds of veggies and 5 different savory spices that will satisfy even the biggest of appetites?
Servings: 10 bowls
- Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped small
- 2 carrots chopped into circular shape
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 heads of cauliflower chopped in half
- 2 small yellow squash chopped into quarters
- 2 small zucchini chopped into quarters
- 2 medium potatoes chopped into quarters
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped into quarters
- 48 ounces vegetable broth
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 leaves kale chopped into strips
- Parsley for garnish
- Additional drizzle of olive oil for garnish
- Hit saute on the Instant Pot and pour the oil in. Once it’s hot (about 2-3 minutes), add in your onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, carrots, celery and seasonings/spices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the tomato paste into the pot and mix with your veggies. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the cauliflower, squash, zucchini, potatoes, sweet potatoes and vegetable broth. Give everything a good stir.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on. Make sure the toggle at the top is set to sealing. Hit the pressure cook button and add time until you hit 12 minutes. Then let the Instant Pot do it’s thing!
- Once the timer has gone off, push the toggle switch to venting. Be careful – hot steam will come out!
- Wait until the pin drops. Then slowly open the Instant Pot lid.
- Stir the soup and add in any more salt or pepper to taste.
- Add in the tomatoes and kale and stir everything up. Dish the soup out and enjoy with some topped parsley or a drizzle of olive oil.
You can add as much or little of the black pepper or cayenne as you’d like. SUBSTITUTIONS: For Keto version, omit the potatoes and sweet potatoes.
Serving Size 1 bowl
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 895mg 37%
Total Carbohydrate 35g 12%
Dietary Fiber 11g 44%
Protein 8g 16%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.