Keto Avocado Mousse Dome
A homemade avocado mousse sits atop a buttery cookie crust, with unsweetened chocolate covering everything all up. After you take a bite into the hardened chocolate, you’ll find these domes to be so rich you can share one with a friend!
Servings: 8 Half-domes
- Dome Mold
Butter Cookie Crust Ingredients
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated monk fruit We used Lakanto
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 egg
Avocado Mousse Ingredients
- 1 ripe avocado
- One 8 ounce bar of cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons powdered monk fruit We used Lakanto
- 4 ounces unsweetened melted chocolate
For the Butter Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and granulated monk fruit.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the butter and egg into the flour mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet in a rectangle about ½" thick.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until hardened.
- Once it has cooled, cut out four 2.5" inch circles.
For the Mousse
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered monk fruit until it’s fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, mash together the avocado, lime juice, and lemon juice.
- Using the hand mixer, beat the avocado mixture into the cream cheese and create a uniform mousse.
- Place the mousse into a piping bag with a medium round tip.
- Pipe about halfway up the mold. Repeat on the other three molds.
- Then place the cookie crust on top, covering up the rest of the mold. Repeat on the other three molds.
- Freeze until firm enough to pop out; this should take about 30-40 minutes.
- Once you have popped the domes out of the molds, place the domes on a wire baking sheet.
- Smoothen any bumps and pour the chocolate over the bombs.
- When the chocolate has set up(it will harden upon contact with the frozen domes), feel free to enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1/2 dome
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28g 43%
Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 57mg 19%
Sodium 133mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 7g 14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.