Keto Linzer Tart Cookies
These little beauties are real show stoppers! We used a mini heart cookie cutter to make these extra cute for Valentine's Day. OH, and you won't even believe these are keto!!
Servings: 10 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener can sub coconut sugar for non-keto version
- ¼ cup butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
Cranberry Preserve Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp monk fruit sweetener can sub coconut sugar for non-keto version
- Coconut flour for dusting
- ¼ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener we ordered Powdered Lakanto Sweetener from Amazon. If you can’t find this, just omit or for a non paleo/non keto option--use regular powdered sugar
For the Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and monk fruit.
- With a rubber spatula, mix in the butter or coconut oil, and egg.
- Form a ball of dough, wrap in plastic wrap and set in fridge for at least one hour.
- Dust a piece of parchment paper heavily with coconut flour and place the dough in the center.
- Dust more coconut flour on top of the dough and place another piece of parchment over that.
- Using the top parchment paper as a barrier between the rolling pin and the dough, start rolling out dough to a sheet until it is about ¼” thick. You may need to continue adding coconut flour while rolling so the dough doesn’t get too sticky and stick to the paper.
- Punch out circles with either a cookie cutter or a thin rim of a drinking glass. Transfer each circle to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Punch smaller circles (at least half the size of the large circles you already made) in the centers of HALF the larger circles.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. They will be lightly golden around the edges when they are finished.
- While cooling, make the filling.
For the Cranberry Preserve
- In a small saucepan, combine all cranberry preserve ingredients and place over medium heat.
- Cover for three minutes. Take the lid off and crush cranberries with the back of a fork.
- Let cook for another two minutes with lid off, this will thicken.
- Turn heat off and let the filling cool completely.
- Dust the circles with the center cut out with powdered monk fruit.
- Spread a tbsp of the cranberry filling on the full circles and close with the powdered cookies.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 10 cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 18mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.