Keto- Paleo Oreo Tart
This tart features our homemade oreo cookies. You won't even believe that this rich and creamy chocolaty tart is keto and paleo!
Servings: 4 Servings
Keto Oreo Cookies
- 2 tablespoons soft butter can sub with soft coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1 egg room temp
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut Flour
- ⅓ Cup Oreo crumbs
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter melted
- ¾ cup chopped chocolate you may use any type of chocolate you prefer
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 70 ML coconut milk or any nut milk of your choosing
For the Keto Oreo Cookies:
- Preheat oven at 275 ℉.
- Combine the coconut oil(or butter) with the monk fruit, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Add in the egg and mix with a rubber spatula; this may look lumpy and separated(that's okay!) Add flours and mix until it's a thick uniform dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and put dough in between two large pieces of parchment paper(one on top and one on bottom) and pressing through the parchment, form dough into large rectangle.
- Roll the dough into a sheet ¼ inch in thickness and punch out 1-1½” circles.
- Bake for 40 mins.
For the Crust:
- Take your oreo cookies and break them down into a fine powder either with a food processor or by hand.
- Melt the coconut butter and add directly to the crumbs. Stir together just until combined.
- Push and flatten crust on the bottom of 5”-6” Pan. Set aside.
For the Filling:
- Chop the chocolate, if needed, and place in a bowl, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil and then pour over the chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir the coconut milk and chocolate until completely blended. While mixture is still warm, add the melted coconut butter. Continue to stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour on top of crust, sprinkle some crushed oreo cookies on top of that and then place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Place in fridge for up to 10 minutes before serving.
*Note-You could use store bought oreo cookies as well.
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 31mg 10%
Sodium 74mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 4g 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.