These rich and chewy peanut butter cookies are ideal for your keto lifestyle, with just 3 grams of net carbs each. They’re the perfect dippers for some Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse!
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Unsweetened peanut butter can be a healthy part of your keto lifestyle. It’s free of sugars and loaded with healthy fats that will satisfy any hunger craving. Although you shouldn’t eat a whole jar, you can still enjoy it in some easy-to-make peanut butter cookies that will appeal even to those not on the keto diet! Because let’s face it, peanut butter is simply too awesome to give up. If you’re seeking more keto cookie recipes, check out our Keto Almond Thumbprint Cookies, Keto/Paleo Snickerdoodles, or Keto Butter Cookies.
First, preheat your oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. In a saucepan, melt a stick of butter over medium-low heat. Then whisk Swerve Brown Sweetener into the melted, unsalted butter. Stir in the peanut butter and mix until well-combined. This makes it easier to incorporate into the dry ingredients when it’s time to make the cookie dough. Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool.
Combine the almond flour, sea salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Pour in the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Next, add the vanilla extract and eggs; mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
Place 1 tablespoon of cookie dough on the lined baking sheet. Using the back of a fork or rubber spatula, gently press down on each cookie. Next, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the cookies. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy alone or with your favorite keto mousse.
Substitutions (we haven’t tested how these come out)
- You can sub creamy, unsweetened peanut butter for chunky, unsweetened peanut butter if you want crunchier cookies.
- Can use dairy-free butter in place of dairy-based butter.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Swerve brown sweetener
- 1 cup smooth or chunky, unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add butter to a saucepan and melt over medium-low heat.
- Add Swerve brown sweetener and whisk into the melted butter.
- Stir in peanut butter and mix all together. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs. Mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Place a tablespoon of cookie dough on the lined baking sheet. Press down each cookie gently with a rubber spatula or fork.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the cookies and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool completely. Enjoy alone or with your favorite keto mousse.