Lemon Raspberry Cake
Lemons and raspberries were meant to go together, like in this indulgent, gluten-free cake. On top of a soft citrusy cake reminiscent of carrot cake is a tart and creamy raspberry-lemon frosting. If the taste reminds you of raspberry lemonade, you wouldn't be wrong!
Servings: 16 slices
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
Raspberry Coulis Ingredients
- One and a quarter 6-oz. containers fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 9 ounce container of Coco Whip
- Half a 6 ounce container of fresh raspberries
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together all the liquid ingredients for the cake until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Bake in a 9” x 13” cake pan for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
For the Coulis
- In a small saucepan, combine the fresh raspberries, coconut sugar, and squeezed lemon juice.
- On high heat, let the mixture come to a rolling bubble.
- Lower the heat and on low heat, let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mash the fresh raspberries in the Coco Whip and mix together until you get a pink color.
- Pour the cooled coulis on top of the cooled cake. Then spread topping over the coulis.
- Garnish with 2 fresh raspberries and 2 lemon slices (optional).
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21g 32%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 93mg 31%
Sodium 75mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 8g 16%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.