Turn that frown upside down with this thick chocolatey fudge stuffed with soft marshmallows and crunchy walnuts! 🙂
Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
The flavor combo of walnuts, marshmallows, and chocolate was born amidst a turbulent time period – the stock market crash of 1929. In March of that year, William Dreyer (co-founder of Dreyer’s Ice Cream) used scissors to cut up marshmallows and walnuts to put into his chocolate ice cream. Seven months later, when the stock market crashed, Dreyer wanted “to give folks something to smile about” so he named his flavor combo “Rocky Road”.
Like Dreyer, we hope this easy-to-make fudge recipe puts a smile on your face. For similar fudge recipes that’ll be sure to brighten up your day, take a peek at our Loaded Energy Fudge, Chocolate Protein Fudge, or Paleo Nutty Fudge Bites.
The Road to This Mouthwatering Fudge
First, grab a square baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Mix all the chopped chocolate, heavy cream, and butter in a bowl you can put in the microwave.
Microwave this on high for 2-3 minutes, but every 30 seconds, stop to stir it. Keep doing this until it’s smooth.
Take it out from the microwave. It helps to use oven mitts so you don’t burn your hands. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
Pour the Swerve Confectioners sweetener and vanilla extract in. Then add the walnuts and marshmallows. Mix all the ingredients up so everything is distributed evenly within the mixture.
Move your fudge into the square baking pan. Make sure to spread it evenly. Top the fudge with some more marshmallows. You can press them into the fudge if you’d like.
Put the fudge into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, or until fully hardened. Then cut it into squares.
Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
- 1.5 Evolved Signature Dark bars chopped
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One 10-ounce bag Dandies’ vegan marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate, heavy cream and the butter.
- Microwave for about 2-3 minutes on a high setting, stopping every 30 seconds to stir, until the mixture is smooth.
- Carefully remove from the microwave and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Swerve Confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Then add the walnuts and half of the marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, spread evenly. Then add the remainder of the marshmallows on top. You can push them into the fudge mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Then cut them into squares.