No-Bake Nutella Pie
We made our own version of Nutella(sans the sugar, palm oil and other yucky ingredients) for this rich, no-bake, gluten-free pie with a crunchy quinoa crust. Who doesn’t love Nutella- or pie, for that matter?
Servings: 10 slices
Nutella Mousse Ingredients:
- 1 cup chopped chocolate
- ½ cup milk
- 1 container CocoWhip slightly thawed
- ¼ cup hazelnut butter we used 1 cup of roasted hazelnuts and pulsed them in a high power blender until a butter consistency is made
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons puffed quinoa
For the Nutella Mousse:
- In small saucepan, bring milk to a light simmer and pour over chopped chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds before whisking together.
- Whisk in hazelnut butter.
- Put in freezer to firm it up for about 15 minutes. The consistency should resemble a thick pudding.
- Once set up, empty the container of CocoWhip into chocolate and gently fold it in.
- Place in fridge until the crust is ready.
For the Crust:
- Process each cup of hazelnuts until they look like wet sand. It’s better to do this one cup at a time.
- Transfer processed hazelnuts into a medium bowl. Add in the salt, sugar, quinoa and oil.
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until well combined
- Press into a 9″ round pie plate.
- Add the mousse back on top of the pie.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Top with some extra CocoWhip and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 Slice
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35g 54%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 233mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 7g 14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.