No Bake/Vegan/Paleo Salted Caramel Hazelnut Tahini Bars
These aren't like the candy bar you remember from your childhood...it's waaayy better.
Servings: 5 servings
Tahini Hazelnut Base Ingredients:
- ⅔ cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons tahini
Salted Caramel Ingredients:
- 5 dates pitted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Roasted Coconut Butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 ounces 72% Signature Dark Chocolate Bar melted
- In a small bowl, mix together the hazelnuts, syrup, and tahini until a thick dough forms.
- Press onto the bottom of a small loaf pan, and place in the fridge.
- In the meantime, with a food processor, combine dates and hot water and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add roasted coconut butter and sea salt and blend again until thick caramel forms.
- Remove the hazelnut dough from the fridge and spread the caramel in an even layer on top.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and pop out of the pan, cut into strips(candy bar size) and place back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave or double boiler.
- Pull the bars out of the freezer and coat each one in chocolate, shaking off the excess.
- Place on a parchment lined tray and place in the fridge to set. Enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 bar
Servings Per Container 5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23g 35%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 55mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 36g 12%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 4g 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.