Paleo NOatmeal Creme Pies
Just like Little Debbie used to make!
Servings: 6 sandwiches
NOatmeal Cookie Ingredients
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Marshmallow Filling Ingredients
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- .25 ounce powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
For the NOatmeal Cookie
- Beat together the cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and egg.
- Slowly incorporate all the other NOatmeal cookie ingredients.
- Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet. Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand and bake for 10 minutes.
- While cooling, start preparing the marshmallow filling.
For the Marshmallow Filling
- In a saucepan, combine maple syrup and ½ cup water. Bring to a light boil on medium heat.
- Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 240℉.
- While it is boiling, combine gelatin and ¼ cup of water in a small dish and mix. Set aside.
- Once the maple syrup mixture reaches 240℉, remove it from the heat and mix in the gelatin mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixer with whip attachment and beat on high for about 10-15 minutes. This will get very light in color and triple in size.
- Add water, one tbsp at a time.
- Add salt and vanilla to the mixer. Once incorporated, stop the mixer and transfer the marshmallow filling to a piping bag.
- Pipe the marshmallow onto one cookie bottom, and press another one over that, creating a sandwich.
- Let them sit at room temperature for an hour so the marshmallow filling can stiffen up, then enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1/2 sandwich
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 16mg 5%
Sodium 12mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 17g 6%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.