Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
Distinctive, grated carrots and soft, chewy oats meld together as a slightly sticky cookie with a cinnamon icing on top.
Servings: 8 cookies
- 1 banana mashed
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple butter applesauce will work too
- 1 egg to keep vegan, leave the egg out. The texture will change a bit but will still come out good!
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (solids scooped off top, discard of liquid)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Candied Sunflower Seed Garnish Ingredients:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix together mashed banana, grated carrot, apple butter, egg, maple syrup and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add in flour and baking powder until just combined.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Scoop batter into mounds onto parchment lined cookie sheet, like you would when making cookie dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the center of each cookie is set and bounces back if poked.
- While cooling, make topping but DON’T TURN OFF OVEN YET.
For the Topping:
- Mix together all ingredients with rubber spatula in small bowl until just combined.
- Let sit in fridge for at least one hour to set up.
- While setting up, start sunflower seed topping.
For the Candied Sunflower Seed Garnish:
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and water in a small saucepan and cook on medium for five minutes, it will start to come to a low boil.
- Continue to cook for two more minutes and remove from heat.
- Add sunflower seeds and mix them in to coat.
- Immediately transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out seeds.
- Bake at 350℉ for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before breaking apart into brittle pieces or chop into small pieces to sprinkle.
- Spread a bit of the topping on top of each cookie, followed by the candied sunflower seeds.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 25mg 8%
Sodium 50mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 5g 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.