Paleo Apple Pie Enchiladas
Holy enchilada! It’s time to spice up your apple pie by ditching the crispy pie crust and embracing paleo tortillas instead. Warm stewed apples and spices are nestled inside and outside each tortilla for the perfect, enticing twist on an all American dessert. Now you can’t get that at a taco joint!
Servings: 8 enchiladas
- 3 small apples
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 package Siete Cassava Flour Tortillas 8 in a package
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ orange juiced
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Peel and chop up apples into small bites.
- Place sliced apples into a bowl with the salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Toss the apples and spices together.
- Warm each tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds to make them pliable.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the apple mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold the sides over and roll up like a burrito. Place enchiladas into greased loaf pan.
- In a small saucepan, place the coconut sugar, vanilla, and juices. Let that come to a boil.
- When the coconut sugar dissolves, add in the ghee and leftover apples. Let it come to a boil again and then turn it down to a simmer.
- Cook just until apples are slightly soft.
- Then pour the mixture over all of the enchiladas and let it sit for 45 minutes before baking(this step is key to making them soft and having a pastry-like texture, so don’t skip or rush this part).
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉ and bake the enchiladas for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy with some Coco Whip or ice cream of your choice!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 enchilada
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 172mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.