Paleo Banana Bread Brownies
Banana bread & Brownies...name a better duo I'll wait.These are LITERALLY the best thing you will ever put in your mouth. No joke. The brownie layer is dense and fudgy while the bread layer is spongy, moist and has perfect banana flavor.
Servings: 8 servings
Banana Bread Layer:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted (or fat of choice)
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg or egg substitute of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or 1-2 tablespoons any sweetener of choice--depending on sweetness of bananas
- 1 cup almond flour or ¼ cup cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup roughly chopped chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup melted 72% Chocolate
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg sub 1 flax egg
- 1.5 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chopped nuts any kind (optional)
For the banana bread layer:
- Mash banana in a large bowl and add oil, egg, cinnamon, and syrup.
- Mix well and add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and chocolate.
- Spread on the bottom of a 6" x 6" brownie pan and set aside.
For the brownie layer:
- In a large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, sugar, and egg.
- Add arrowroot powder, cocoa powder, and optional nuts.
- Carefully pour and spread on top of banana bread layer
- Bake at 350℉ for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 brownie
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35g 54%
Saturated Fat 14g 70%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 50mg 17%
Sodium 100mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 10g 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Difficulty Level: Medium