Paleo Birthday Cake Pops
You can have your (birthday) cake on a stick and eat it too while practicing a paleo lifestyle! Naturally colored sprinkles are mixed into a moist, vanilla cakey interior that’s then covered with hard chocolate and sprinkles.
Servings: 14 cake pops
- 5 ounces almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter melted
- Cake pop sticks
- ½ cup 72% chocolate(like our Signature Dark bar) melted
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Then add in the milk, eggs, maple syrup, and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
- Next, empty into a 9″ greased cake pan and bake for 20 minutes. Let cake cool completely afterward.
- In a medium-sized bowl, crumble up the cooled cake.
- Add in maple syrup, coconut butter, and sprinkles. Mix until well combined.
- Roll up to the size of small meatballs and place on a tray.
- Let set up in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake pops are set up, take a cake pop stick and dip it about a 1/4″ into melted chocolate.
- Then place about halfway into the cake pop.
- Once all pops have been poked, place back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate has set up.
- Have your melted chocolate ready and start to dip the cake pops into it.
- Shake off the excess chocolate and then stick it with the pop right side up into styrofoam or cardboard before it completely dries.
- Decorate with some more sprinkles, once set up enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 pop
Servings Per Container 14
Amount Per Serving
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 27mg 9%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.