Paleo Black and White Cookies
Life is all about balance, that's why Black and White cookies were invented.
Servings: 6 Large Cookies
- ½ cup softened coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ Jar of Chocolate Spread
- ½ cup plain coconut butter
- Cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add egg yolk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In a small separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and sift together.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into butter and egg mixture.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add milk and mix again.
- Scoop into round mounds 3’’ round and 1’’ tall.
- Bake at 350℉ for 18 minutes.
- Transfer to freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate spread in a small bowl, and the coconut butter in a separate small bowl.
- Remove cookies from freezer and while they are still solid, carefully spread coconut butter on one half of each cookie. If the coconut butter is too thin, let set up and spread another layer until desired thickness.
- Once the “white” side is firm, spread the chocolate spread on the opposite side, creating the “black and white” look.
- Let set up in the fridge and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 large cookie
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47g 72%
Saturated Fat 26g 130%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 70mg 23%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 51g 17%
Dietary Fiber 12g 48%
Protein 9g 18%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Difficulty Level: Hard