Paleo Boston Cream Cake
If the "layered" cake thing intimidates you, have no fear! Bake this in a large casserole dish, let it cool, pour the pudding over the top and the fresh chocolate ganache over that. Scoop and serve!
Servings: 10 people
Vanilla Pudding Ingredients
- 1 full can coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Cake Ingredients
- 2½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup maple syrup
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup non dairy milk
Vanilla Pudding Instructions
- Let coconut milk and maple syrup come to a light boil.
- While it’s heating, whisk together egg yolk and arrowroot powder in a separate small bowl.
- Take out about ½ cup of the boiling milk, and slowly whisk that in into the egg mixture.(This helps keep the eggs from scrambling when added to the hot mixture.)
- While constantly whisking the hot milk in the pot, add the egg mixture.
- Let come to a boil again while whisking still. You’ll now see it starting to thicken up.
- After about 5 minutes of a light boil, turn off heat, add salt and vanilla extract, and transfer to bowl.
- Set in fridge to cool.
Vanilla Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together rest of wet ingredients and add to dry mixture. Whisk together until completely combined.
- Pour into two 8” parchment lined cake pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before assembling.
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
- Put chopped chocolate in shallow bowl and heat the milk on a medium heat in small pot.
- Once the milk is just starting to boil, take it off the heat and pour over chopped chocolate.
- Let sit for thirty seconds before whisking together to combine.
- Set aside on counter while assembling cake.
- *If you want it to be a little thinner, add melted coconut oil 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place one 8” cake on plate/serving platter.
- Spread the cooled and thickened pudding over that, and cover it with the second cake.
- Spread chocolate ganache over top and serve! Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 90mg 30%
Sodium 550mg 23%
Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 7g 14%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.