Paleo Brownie Cookie Swirl Cookies
With these cookies you truly get the best of both worlds. Two different tastes, two different textures, all in one bite.
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cassava flour can sub for 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides and add egg, vanilla extract, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Add in chopped chocolate, wrap ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the brownie filling.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, sugar, and egg.
- Add flour and cocoa powder.
- Set aside on counter.
- Roll out cookie dough layer into an 8”x 9” rectangle; using extra flour to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Evenly spread the brownie batter over the sheet of cookie dough.
- From one end, roll into a tight log.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Wrap this with more plastic wrap and set in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull out of freezer, and slice the log into 12 “hockey puck” like shapes.
- Place the circles on a baking sheet, and bake for 13 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 12 cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 335mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.