Traditional Buckeyes are peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. The name comes from their resemblance to the nut of the buckeye tree. Before rolling these little bites of heaven into tiny balls, we spread a thick layer on top of rich brownies.
Servings: 16 people
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Buckeye Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter or any other nut butter to keep paleo
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, sugar, and egg.
- Add coconut flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour into a greased and/or parchment lined small brownie pan(6”x6”) or loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
Buckeye Topping Instructions:
- With a rubber spatula, mix together nut butter and maple syrup,. You will notice this thickens.
- Spread buckeye mixture in a thick layer over the cooled brownies.
- Let set up in fridge for 20 minutes before cutting and enjoying!
*Optional: Pour extra melted chocolate over tops of each brownie!
Serving Size 1/2 brownie
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 720
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80g 123%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 15mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 5g 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.