Paleo Butterfinger Cups
After you make this you'll finally understand why "nobody's gonna lay a finger on my Butterfinger." They are so delicious you might have a hard time sharing.
Servings: 8 half-servings
- Cupcake liners
- Candy thermometer
Chocolate Cup Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate melted
Crunchy Nut Butter Filling Ingredients
- ⅓ cup sunbutter could use peanut butter for the classic taste
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons sunbutter could use peanut butter for the classic taste
For the Chocolate Cups
- Take a wax-lined or silicone cupcake liner (this one works best and can be reused!) and spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into the bottom.
- Swirl the melted chocolate around, covering the entire cavity of the cupcake liner.
- Turn cup over and shake out any excess chocolate that might “pool” on the bottom.
- Turn the liners right side up again, and place on a flat surface. Transfer to the fridge to let it set up for 10 minutes
For the Crunchy Nut Butter Filling
- In a small stainless steel pot or shallow saucepan, cook your maple syrup on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. This will bubble, steam and be very hot, so be very careful!
- Using a candy thermometer, cook the syrup until it reaches 300℉ (this will look and smell burnt, but don’t panic!).
- Once it reaches 300℉, take off the heat and immediately pour in the ⅓ cup nut butter.
- Start to mix and fold it together with a heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. This will thicken as you mix.
- Transfer mixture to a plate or tray and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, break apart and pulse in a food processor until large crumbs form.
- Add the 4 tablespoons sunbutter to the mixture, and pulse again until a crumbly “dough” is achieved.
- Divide the nut butter mixture evenly among the prepared chocolate cups and pack gently with the back of a spoon. Let set up in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Then pour the remaining melted chocolate over the top of the cups, covering the filling and “sealing” the cup.
- Place in the fridge again to set up until hardened. Peel back the cupcake liner and enjoy!
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 99mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 6g 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.