Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberry Marshmallows
These make the perfect sweet treat!
Servings: 10 marshmallows
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ ounce gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Arrowroot powder for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Evolved dark chocolate
- In a saucepan, combine maple syrup and ½ cup water. Bring to light boil on medium heat.
- Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 240℉.
- While it is boiling, in a small dish, combine gelatin and ¼ cup of water and mix. Set aside.
- Once maple syrup mixture reaches 240℉, take off heat and mix in gelatin mixture with whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to mixer with whip attachment and beat on high for about 10-15 minutes. This will get very light in color and triple in size.
- In a spice grinder or small food processor, grind the freeze-dried strawberries until they are a powder.
- Add the powdered strawberries to the mixer and once incorporated, with a spoon, scoop into small mounds onto a plate or baking sheet that's heavily dusted with arrowroot powder to keep from sticking. You may also want to keep dusting the spoon and your hands with the arrowroot powder because these marshmallows are very sticky.
- Once they are scooped out, let them sit out for 30 minutes to stiffen up and become easier to dip into chocolate.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate at 30-second intervals in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Dip each marshmallow into the chocolate, shaking off the excess, and transfer to parchment paper to set up. Enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 4mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.