Paleo Gingersnap Cookies
These paleo gingersnap cookies might just put your grandma's recipe to shame! It's crunchy and chewy at the same time, with the perfect dusting of coconut sugar on the outside. Come on, now what other cookies can claim to do that?
Servings: 15 cookies
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons organic molasses unsulphured
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup extra coconut sugar for rolling cookies in
- Preheat the oven to 375 ℉.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Microwave the coconut oil if it isn’t melted already.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the coconut oil, molasses, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix together the flours, 1 cup coconut sugar, spices, salt and baking soda.
- Fold the flour mixture into the molasses mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Place ¼ cup coconut sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Then roll the balls into the coconut sugar. Place each ball 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Flatten each ball of dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Then place on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
These cookies can make great ice cream sandwiches too, place a scoop of dairy-free frozen topping between two cookies. Yummy!! Difficulty Level: Easy