Paleo Irish Soda Bread
This is better tasting, better for you, and easier to make than a standard Irish Soda Bread. The extra exciting part is that you can also add any additions to it you'd like!
Servings: 12 servings
- ¾ cup cassava flour plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum optional but recommended--this makes them extra doughy. Without it, it could be a bit difficult to roll out
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs to make vegan, sub with 8 flax eggs->½ cup ground flax seed, soaked in 1 cup water.
- ¼ cup raisins you can sub for chopped chocolate if you don’t like raisins!
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add eggs and oil and whisk for 1 minute, you will see this start to thicken to a dough like texture(if using xanthan gum).
- Scoop dough ball onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dust your hands and the ball of dough with flour, and lightly pat it into a round, flat circle and sprinkle some more flour over the top.
- Score an ‘X’ into the entire top, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool for at least an hour before enjoying!
- *For best results, let sit at room temperature uncovered overnight to dry out!
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 62mg 21%
Sodium 153mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.