Paleo Lemon Blueberry Bread
This paleo bread is the perfect combination of tender and chewy, just like a bread should be. The pops of blueberries throughout and the subtle taste of lemons makes this the perfect dessert!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1⅓ cups almond flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk your favorite kind, we used coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries tossed in 1 teaspoon cassava flour
Crumb Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ghee broken or chopped into small pieces
For the Bread
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a small bowl and add to the dry ingredients.
- Once combined, add the blueberries and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
For the Crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 325℉.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, and cinnamon.
- With the back of a fork, blend the ghee into the flour-sugar mixture just until it starts to come together. There should be pea-sized chunks of fat and flour and it should still be “dry” looking.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the unbaked loaf batter and bake for 30-40 mins. The crumbles on top should be browned and a toothpick inserted inside will be clean.
- Let cool, slice up and enjoy!
For a non-Paleo version of recipe, use butter. Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 93mg 31%
Sodium 282mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 38g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 5g 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Difficulty Level: Easy