Paleo Maple Coconut Macaroons
These chewy bites of heaven are glued together by sweet, sticky maple syrup. This formidable combo of maple and coconut will have you grabbing for a 2nd, or even a 3rd helping because it’s just that good!
Servings: 12 macaroons
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bar Evolved Signature Dark Chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Use a silicone baking liner or spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, and maple syrup.
- With a hand blender, beat the egg whites, vanilla and sea salt for about 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Next, gently fold the egg white mixture into the coconut flour mixture but do not overmix. Otherwise, it may get liquidy.
- With a cookie scoop, drop batter onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350℉ for 15-20 minutes or until the tops of macaroons are light brown.
- Let macaroons cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with melted Evolved Signature Dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Macaroons are best enjoyed at room temperature. Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving Size 1 macaroon
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 79mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.