Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Cake
Can’t decide between a pecan or pumpkin dessert? Have both! This crumbly, pumpkin-spiced pumpkin cake is topped with a sweet maple icing and crunchy pecans. It’s the perfect paleo AND vegan seasonal treat that will have you begging for a second helping.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (For Paleo- 1 tsp cream of tartar + ½ tsp. baking soda)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice(see above)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut milk or any dairy-free milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- ¾ cup very hot water
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line an 8″x 8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
For the Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Combine all the spices.
For the Cobbler
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder(or cream of tartar + baking soda), salt, coconut sugar, and 2 teaspoons homemade pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, coconut milk, coconut oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients. Mix until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour and spread the batter into the parchment-lined baking pan.
For the Topping
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, and chopped pecans.
- Spread the topping over the batter evenly.
- Pour the very hot water over the entire batter. Do not stir!
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the middle is set.
- Remove the cobbler from the oven and let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop into dessert bowls and serve with dairy-free ice cream or dairy-free whipped topping. Enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 slice
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18g 28%
Saturated Fat 13g 65%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 289mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 44g 15%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.