Paleo Ring Dings
Ding Dongs? Ring Dings? Whatever you used to call these, it's probably an amazing memory.Remember opening your lunch box to find one of these beauties staring back at you? Let your inner child out again and indulge on these yummy cakes!
Servings: 10 cakes
- 6 ounces cassava flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg can be replaced with 1 flax egg for vegan version
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk-the fat solids scooped from top of a can dispose of the liquid(the brand we use is Native Forest)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ounces dark chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients and slowly whisk them into the dry bowl of ingredients
- Pour ¼ cup batter into muffin loaf cavities (greased with coconut oil or a preferred non stick spray) and bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely while preparing the filling.
- In stand mixer with whip attachment, or hand mixer with beaters attached, whip the coconut milk solids until it is a fluffy consistency. If you notice it is separating and looks watery, transfer to mesh sieve and mix around with rubber spatula, pushing water out the water out and leaving the coconut fat behind. Discard the water and transfer the coconut milk to dry bowl and continue to next steps.
- Add the arrowroot, maple syrup and vanilla and continue whipping until everything is combined.
- Scoop into small ziplock bag, and set aside.
- With small knife, scoop a tiny hole in the top of the cake and up to the center(the bottom of the cupcake will become the top) to make room for the cream filling.
- Snip tiny corner in the filled ziplock bag, and squeeze filling into each one.
- Carefully pour melted chocolate over each one and set in fridge for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 150mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 40g 13%
Dietary Fiber 10g 40%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.