Paleo S'Mores Cookies
When making these cookies, be aware you miggghht eat the entire batch before they even cool down. They're soft, chewy, flavorful and everything you dream a cookie would be.
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped paleo marshmallows
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 0.5 oz powdered gelatin
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides and add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Fold in chopped chocolate and marshmallow pieces.
- Scoop onto baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
- In a saucepan, combine maple syrup and ½ cup water. Bring to light boil on medium heat.
- Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 240 degrees.
- While it is boiling, in a small dish, combine gelatin and ¼ cup of water and mix. Set aside.
- Once maple syrup mixture reaches 240 degrees, take off heat and mix in gelatin mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixer with a whip attachment and beat on high for about 10-15 minutes. This will get very light in color and triple in size.
- Add salt and vanilla to a mixer and once incorporated, stop the mixer and transfer marshmallow to an 8x8” heavily greased pan/dish.
- Let setup for 2-3 hours before cutting.
Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 330mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Difficulty Level: Easy