Paleo S'mores Donuts
Everything about this dessert is m a g i c a l Fluffy baked donuts covered in chocolate and homemade TOASTED marshmallow. Woooow good luck trying to eat just one!
Servings: 6 donuts
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum optional but recommended
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
Paleo Marshmallow Ingredients:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 0.5 ounce powdered gelatin 2 packets
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add rest of ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl and whisk until it becomes a sticky, thick dough.
- Use a piping bag or a ziplock bag to pipe the dough into a greased donut pan and bake at 350℉ for 20 minutes. Makes about 6 donuts.
Paleo Marshmallow Instructions:
- In a saucepan, combine maple syrup and ½ cup water. Bring to light boil on medium heat.
- Continue boiling for 10-15 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 240 degrees.
- While it is boiling, in a small dish, combine gelatin and ¼ cup of water and mix. Set aside.
- Once maple syrup mixture reaches 240℉, take off heat and mix in gelatin mixture with a whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixer with a whip attachment and beat on high for about 10-15 minutes. This will get very light in color and triple in size.
- Add salt and vanilla to the mixer and once incorporated, stop the mixer and transfer marshmallow to a piping bag.
- Dip each donut into the chocolate spread or melted dark chocolate.
- Pipe some marshmallow on top of each donut.
- With a torch, “toast” the marshmallow or place in broiler on high, carefully watching it doesn't burn.
- Enjoy right away or store in airtight container.
Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1 donut
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 125mg 42%
Sodium 365mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 59g 20%
Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
Protein 10g 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.