Gluten-Free Snickers Cups
You're not you when you're eating bad ingredients. That's the slogan right?This loaded candy cup will definitely satisfy your hunger.
Servings: 6 cups
Chocolate Cup Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup Evolved dark chocolate melted
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- .25 ounce powdered gelatin 1 packet
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup water
Peanut Caramel Ingredients
- 5 dates pitted
- hot water
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Unsweetened Coconut Butter
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup plain peanuts sub almonds or cashews for a paleo version
For the Chocolate Cups
- Take a wax-lined cupcake liner OR silicone cupcake liner(this one works best and can be reused!) and spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into the bottom.
- Swirl around, covering the entire cavity of the cupcake liner.
- Turn cup over and shake out any excess chocolate that might “pool” on the bottom.
- Turn right side up again, and place on a flat surface and transfer to fridge to set up.
For the Nougat
- In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup and ½ cup of water to a boil on medium-high heat.
- While it is heating, mix together the gelatin and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a candy thermometer, check the maple syrup very often and pull off of the heat when it reaches 240℉.
- With a wire whisk, mix in the gelatin/water mixture until it has melted completely into the hot syrup.
- Pour into a mixer, fitted with a whip attachment(this is the ONLY attachment that will work here)
- Whip mixture on high speed for about 5-10 minutes. This will get light in color and start to triple in size.
- At this point, with the mixer still on high, add coconut flour and ¼ cup water, slowly.
- Keep whipping until a “watery” marshmallow consistency is achieved.
- Spoon or pipe a small amount of the marshmallow mixture into the bottom of each chocolate cup(about ½” tall) and set aside.
For the Date Caramel
- In a small food processor, soak the dates in hot water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain the water and start to puree the dates until it turns to a paste.
- Scrape down the sides and add the coconut butter and salt.
- Once a smooth paste is formed, add the nuts and pulse a few more times until everything is combined and the nuts are roughly broken up(make sure you don't over blend, you want the peanuts chunky!)
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons on top of the nougat layer.
- Let set up in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top of the cups, covering the filling and “sealing” the cup.
- Place in the fridge again to set up.
- Peel back the cupcake liner and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 27mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 34g 11%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.