Stuffed Soft Baked Churro Cookies
You don’t need a deep fryer to have a delectable churro experience that happens to be paleo as well- just turn it into a cookie and to be extra, stuff it with chocolate!
Servings: 10 cookies
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil for brushing on top of finished churros
Chocolate Filling Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter can use any creamy nut butter
- 2 tablespoons melted chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Churros:
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In small bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cinnamon, xanthan gum and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together water, coconut oil and eggs.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl. Whisk until a dough is formed(you may need to switch to a rubber spatula because it thickens up a bit.)
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fit with an “open star” tip.
- Pipe large mounds of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and brush with a light coat of melted coconut oil(you can use coconut oil spray if you have it).
- Mix together both topping ingredients in a shallow bowl. Roll the churros around in the topping so they get coated. Set aside while making the filling.
For the Filling:
- Mix together all filling ingredients with rubber spatula in small bowl until a smooth mixture is formed, then transfer to piping bag.
- Poke a small hole in the top of the cookie with the flat end of a skewer and pipe the filling into it.
- Pipe some extra filling on the top to finish it, and enjoy!
Level: Easy *If you find your batter too firm to pipe, add a tbsp of water at a time to batter until desired consistency. *If you don't have a piping bag, use a large ziplock bag and cut a small corner off to pipe!
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 15mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.