Paleo Turtle Brownies
The rich fudgy brownies in this recipe are a perfect base for the gooey salted caramel layer and toasted nuts! These taste like something you get on a fancy plate at a very fancy restaurant!
Servings: 10 brownies
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup melted 72% Signature Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg sub 1 flax egg
- 1.5 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted Unsweetened Roasted Coconut Butter
Salted Caramel Layer:
- 5 dates pitted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened roasted coconut butter
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup melted chocolate
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, sugar and egg.
- Add arrowroot powder and cocoa powder.
- Carefully pour and spread in 8x8” pan.
- Pour melted roasted coconut butter over brownie batter and carefully swirl into the top.
- Bake at 350℉ for 25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool completely.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to food processor.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the hot water into the dates, and keep blending, until most larger pieces are gone and it is starting to become smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a couple times during this process.
- Add the coconut butter and salt, and keep blending until a smooth, sticky caramel is formed.
- Spread caramel over the cooled brownies, sprinkle the pecans over the top and drizzle the chocolate over the whole thing and enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 16mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.