Vegan/Paleo Cashew Butter Lava Cakes
These are so delicious and so easy to make! Everyone will love them and think you spent hours in the kitchen baking!
Servings: 6 cakes
- 6 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon at a time of cashew butter onto a small plate and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Once completely frozen, roll the cashew butter into balls and keep in freezer while making the batter.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients, and add the milk and oil until a thick batter forms.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins and press the frozen cashew butter into the center.
- With a spoon, spread more batter over the cashew butter so there is none visible.
- Bake immediately for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and pop them out of the tin by flipping it over on a plate.
- Best if served right away!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1 lava cake
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 180mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 16g 64%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.