Paleo/Vegan Cookie Dough Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes
These cupcakes will for sure satisfy any sweet tooth! They're so rich, dense and chocolatey even your non-vegan friends will love them.
Servings: 16 half-cupcakes
Vegan Brownie Ingredients
- ½ cup melted Evolved dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 flax eggs* can sub with 2 normal eggs for a non vegan version
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- *Flax eggs: ¼ cup ground flax seeds mixed with ¾ cup water and let sit for 5 minutes.
Cookie Dough Filling Ingredients
- ¼ cup creamy nut butter we used cashew butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped Evolved dark chocolate
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (we recommend Thai Kitchen's canned coconut milk) best if refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted Sweet and Salty Roasted Coconut Butter
For the Vegan Brownie
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Start by whisking together the melted chocolate, coconut oil, coconut sugar and flax eggs.
- Once combined, add the rest of the ingredients and mix until all lumps are gone.
- Divide batter evenly among 6-8 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you are using chicken eggs it is important for the toothpick to come out completely clean, but if using flax eggs, your toothpick might not be perfectly clean after 25 minutes, this is okay!
- Let cool completely while prepping filling.
For the Cookie Dough Filling
- In a stand mixer(or hand mixer) beat together nut butter and maple syrup. This will thicken a bit.
- Add coconut flour, vanilla and salt until everything is combined.
- Once the dough is formed, add the chopped chocolate and beat again until just combined.
- Set aside while making topping.
For the Topping
- Scoop out coconut fat from coconut milk into a small bowl. Dispose of the liquid or use in another recipe.
- Gently mix with a rubber spatula to soften.
- Add maple syrup, arrowroot powder, and vanilla extract. Mix again.
- Place topping mixture into the fridge to firm up.
- Using a spoon or small knife, scoop out hole in center of brownie.
- Fill hole with spoonful of the cookie dough filling.
- Either pipe or spread a few tablespoons of the topping on each.
- Optional: Top the cupcakes with melted Roasted Coconut Butter, extra chocolate and/or some crumbles of any extra cookie dough to decorate!
Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1/2 cupcake
Servings Per Container 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 44mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.