Paleo/Vegan Cookie Dough Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes
These cupcakes will for sure satisfy any sweet tooth! They're so rich, dense and chocolatey even your non-vegan friends will love them.
Servings: 16 people
- ½ cup melted dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 4 flax eggs* can sub with 2 normal eggs for a non vegan version
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- *Flax eggs: ¼ cup ground flax seeds mixed with ¾ cup water and let sit for 5 minutes.
Cookie Dough Filling:
- ¼ cup creamy nut butter we used cashew butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 can full fat coconut milk best if refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon Sweet and Salty Roasted Coconut Butter melted
For the Vegan Brownie:
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Start by whisking together the melted chocolate, coconut oil, sugar and flax eggs.
- Once combined, add rest of ingredients and mix until all lumps are gone.
- Divide batter evenly among 6-8 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you are using real eggs it is important for the toothpick to come out completely clean, but if using flax eggs, your toothpick might not be perfectly clean after 25 minutes, this is okay!
- Let cool completely while prepping filling.
For the Cookie Dough Filling:
- In stand mixer(or hand mixer) beat together nut butter and maple syrup, this will thicken a bit.
- Add coconut flour, vanilla and salt until everything is combined
- Once the dough is formed, add the chopped chocolate and beat again until just combined.
- Set aside while making topping.
For the Topping:
- Scoop coconut fat off top of can and dispose of the liquid.
- Whip with whip attachment on stand mixer or with hand mixer.
- Once fluffy, add in maple syrup and coconut butter.
- Mix until just combined. Set in fridge.
- With a spoon or small knife, scoop out hole in center of brownie.
- Fill hole with spoonful of the cookie dough filling.
- Either pipe or spread a few tablespoons of the topping on each.
- Optional: Drizzle extra chocolate and put some crumbles of any extra cookie dough to decorate!
Yields: 6-8 cupcakes
Serving Size 1/2 cupcake
Servings Per Container 15
Amount Per Serving
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 130mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.