Paleo Pull Apart Monkey Bread
If your looking for a dessert that is easy to share, healthy and delicious you've clicked on the right recipe! This paleo take on monkey bread is sure to become your next go to dessert to impress your guests.
Servings: 8 people
- ¾ cup cassava also some extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum you may also use arrowroot but you might have to add more flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ stick unsalted vegan butter
- ⅓ Cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon optional
For the Bread:
- Whisk together the cassava flour, xanthan gum, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- Add the melted coconut oil to 2 of the eggs.
- Add the remaining egg plus oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir for approximately 1 minute or until the dough comes together.
- Begin to shape dough into 1”-1 ½” sized rounds. Set aside.
For the Syrup:
- Melt the unsalted vegan butter then add the maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir until combined and use immediately.
- Dip each of the dough rounds into the syrup mixture before placing into a coconut oil greased 4”-6” loaf pan. After all rounds are in the pan drizzle the remaining syrup mixture over the entire pan.
- Bake at 375’F for 20-25 minutes. Immediately after removing from the oven you can flip pan onto a plate to allow syrup to flow down the sides. Enjoy!!
Serving Size 8
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 32mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.