Paleo/Vegan Samoas(Girl Scout Cookie Copy Cat)
Caramel, coconut, and chocolate collide in this copycat of the beloved Girl Scout cookie that we made paleo and vegan. You can’t just help but go for seconds with this cookie!
Servings: 10 cookies
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Caramel Topping Ingredients:
- 5 dates pitted
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened roasted coconut butter
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix together with rubber spatula. A thick dough will form.
- Transfer to plastic wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once it firms up enough to roll out, place ball of dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out into ¼” sheet.
- Punch out 1 ½” circles, then transfer the circles to a parchment lined cookie pan.
- Once all of the punched out circles are on the cookie pan, punch out smaller circles inside each larger circle, so it makes a “doughnut” shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool completely while starting next step. Don’t turn the oven off just yet!
Caramel Topping Instructions:
- Soak the dates in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to food processor.
- Add water into the dates, and keep blending, until most larger pieces are gone and it is starting to become smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a couple times during this process. Set aside.
- Toast the coconut flakes on a cookie sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes until just golden brown.
- Set aside while assembling.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons worth of the caramel on top of each cooled cookie.
- Turn over into pile of toasted coconut and make sure any exposed caramel is covered with toasted coconut flakes.
- Carefully dip the bottom into melted chocolate and set on parchment paper to set up.
- Drizzle tops with some more melted chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw frozen cookies at room temperature for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 20mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.