Paleo/Vegan Tagalongs(Girl Scout Cookie Copycat)
Peanut butter and chocolate(especially the dark kind) go hand in hand in this copycat Tagalongs recipe turned vegan and paleo! Now whether the peanut butter tags along with the chocolate or vice versa, it really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, now does it?
Servings: 10 cookies
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoons non dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter or any other creamy nut butter for paleo option
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix together with rubber spatula.
- A thick dough will form, roll into an 8” cylinder and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut the log into disks about ¼” thickness, then transfer the disks to a parchment lined cookie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Filling Instructions:
- In small bowl, use a rubber spatula and combine peanut butter, syrup and salt until it thickens.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons worth of peanut butter on top of each cookie.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Once firm, submerge each one in melted chocolate and shake off excess.
- Place on parchment paper to set up. Enjoy!
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw frozen cookies at room temperature for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 35mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.