Thousand Layer Chocolate Bombs
These chocolate filled decedent pastries are just what you need to start or finish your day with!
Servings: 8 Portions
- 4 tablespoons Evolved Chocolate Spread
- 1 ½ cups chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons cassava flour plus some extra for dusting
- ⅓ cup arrowroot
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup cold water
- ⅔ cup roasted coconut butter melted
- Chop chocolate and place in a bowl set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring coconut milk to a boil.
- Pour hot coconut milk over chopped chocolate and let sit for 1 min. Stir and add maple syrup and coconut butter.
- Place in fridge or freezer to set up before scooping. Then scoop 8 small portions and place in freezer.
- Whisk together cassava flour, arrowroot, tapioca flour, and salt. Then add water and stir until dough begins to form. Knead on a cassava floured surface a few times or until the dough becomes less tacky.
- Use cassava flour to generously dust surface and your hands since dough will be on the sticky side.
- Roll dough into a thin rectangle and brush across the entire surface a generous amount of melted coconut butter. Fold over one side of the dough only half way brushing off any excess cassava flour. Fold the other half of the dough over the other fold to form a flat burrito. Making sure to brush off any excess cassava flour. Then place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Take dough out of the fridge and roll it out into a thin rectangle and lightly brush the entire surface with melted coconut butter one last time. Roll the dough into a log and cut into 8 hockey puck sized rounds.
- Gently roll each round slightly and place 1 frozen chocolate filling scoop into the center of each dough round. Pull dough gently around the frozen chocolate, making sure to pinch the dough together. Lightly brush each entire round with coconut butter and toss each in coconut sugar. Place dough pinched side down on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake at 350℉ for 12-15 minutes. Let cool slightly on tray and enjoy !
Serving Size 1 bomb
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 63mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.